Your water and sewer team is dedicated to achieving the City's water quality goals for drinking water, stormwater, and wastewater. Working with our strategic partner Metro Consulting Associates, our team manages day-to-day operations of your water and sewer systems including the customer service center.
The City of Highland Park has:
- Over 112 miles of combined sewer and stormwater conveyance system
- Over 2,490 inlets and catch basins
- Over 1,370 water hydrants and valves
Return to Excellence Operational Highlights
- Settled several stormwater lawsuits and positive progression with ongoing water dispute with the City of Detroit and Great Lakes Water Authority.
- Secured $31.9 million in funding for City water programs through grants and loans.
- Completed 300 lead water service line replacements.
- Re-established City operations and maintenance team to support water system management in the community.
- Installed more than 100 new hydrants and valves.
- Inspected 1,700 sewer manhole structures and 100 miles of sewer lines to prioritize maintenance and repairs.
- Repaired sinkholes, sanitary sewer lines, and manholes along Second Avenue.
- Expanded water bill pay options to include online, phone, and text payments.
Water Quality and COVID Relief Assistance
Highland Park: Get Your Free Water Filters
- Residents are eligible to receive a free faucet or pitcher filtration system, (limit one per household).
- Visit the service center for free replacement filters.
- Please bring a copy of your photo ID for resident verification.
- Be prepared to fill out paperwork from the State of Michigan.
- Due to COVID, the service center lobby is limited to 4 customers at a time and masks are required.
MSHDA: COVID Emergency Rental Assistance
- Rent and utility assistance for residents
- Up to 12 months of back rent assistance
- Water, sewer, gas, electricity, and internet assistance
- Apply online at www.bit.ly/CERAHPHK or call 866-313-2520
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency: CARES Relief & Recovery Services
- Water and energy assistance
- Rent and mortgage assistance
- Emergency plumbing repair and more
- Visit www.waynemetro.org/CARES or call 313-388-9799