Full Time Police Officer
The Highland Park Police Department offers an extraordinary range of career options, from street patrol and investigations to advanced tactical units, crime analysis, community relations and more. The Highland Park Police Department has it all for anyone who is seeking the full spectrum of being a law enforcement officer.
Examples of Duties
A police officer shall be responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the protection of life and property, enforcement of criminal and traffic laws, prevention of crime, preservation of the public peace, and the apprehension of criminals:
- A police officer is responsible for the detection, prevention, and suppression of crime (e.g., proactive policing, etc.);
- A police officer shall also be responsible for performing clerical duties as assigned by proper authority; and
- A police officer shall ensure that all required forms, logs, etc., that are created by the officer are properly completed.
- A police officer shall assume any other duties and responsibilities, which may be delegated by a superior officer or an entity with authority within the department.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- U. S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
**All applicants must attach a front and back copy of a valid Driver's License to their application**
**All Out of State applicants must attach a copy of their Police Clearance and Department of Motor Vehicle Record to their application***
How To Apply
Please refer to the applicatioin listed below to apply. Complete all forms and email directly to Humarn Resources at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in being a police officer with the city of Highland Park!