Part Time Fire Fighter
Statement of Duties:
The primary mission of a firefighter is to proactively and effectively protect all citizens and visitors through prevention, inspection education and ongoing training programs ensuring the safety of the community we serve.
- General duty firefighting work involving combating and extinguishing fires;
- Various types of rescue, hazmat response, and life support functions and other related duties including, but not limited to transportation to hospitals;
- Specialized duties under emergency conditions which frequently involve considerable personal hazard and weather conditions;
- And related work as required.
A firefighter is subject to being called in at any time in cases of emergency or need. As a Firefighter with the City of Highland Park, employees will perform all duties under close supervision of senior firefighters and Command Officers.
These examples are intended merely as illustrations of the various types or work performed in positions allocated to this classification and do not include all of the duties an employee in this class may be required to perform.
- Responding to a wide variety of emergencies.
- Protecting the life and property of others.
- Perform all aspects of fire suppression and overhaul.
- Clean, operate and maintain a variety of equipment.
- Perform rescue operations in a variety of conditions.
- Work with the public on fire prevention.
- Work with other departments and agencies within and outside the city.
- Drive a city vehicle in both emergency and non-emergency circumstances.
- Complete various reports, documents and logs.
- Attend training classes and maintain various certifications.
- Respond to emergency medical calls.
- Fulfill all of the requirements of probation firefighter as set forth in Department Policy.
How To Apply
Please complete all forms in the application listed below. Upon completion, email directly to human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in being a firefighter with the city of Highland Park!