FOIA Specialist/Legal Secretary
- Ability to handle legal cases with a high level of confidentialty.
- Process damage claims, payments to outside vendors and maintain files.
- Conduct legal and general research online and viz LexisAdvance.
- Draft legal documents, memos, and letters for the City Attorney.
- Prepare timely court documents through the court's electronic filing system.
- Analyze information in FOIA requests to determine what is being requested.
- Respond to FOIA requests in accordance with rules and instructions as set forth in the Guide to FOIA and the Privacy Act.
- Process requests on a first in - first out (FIFO) basis which shall be determined through sequential numbering of requests, meeting the twenty (20) working day requirement.
- Acknowledge receipt of the request to the requestor within five (5) working days when the request will not be completed witin ten (10) working days.
- Proofread final copy of any documents to ensure each document is free of errors.
- Ensure that all completed requests are properly addressed to the requester, including all documented contacts with the requestor and the response letter which contains the correct FOIA/PA number and current date.
- Ensure final submission of responsive documents are properly organized in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act [5USC552] and the Privacy Act of 1974.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please downlad the application found below and submit via email to email@example.com or bring in person to City Hall at 12050 Woodward Ave., Highland Park, MI 48203.
February 21, 2023